SideNails was first developed for my own use. But I think it could be useful to someone else 😉
Basically, SideNails can do one thing :
– get an image from your post, and use it in a widget to make a thumbnail link to this post.
Of course, you can customise the “last post” : you can setup the number of posts shown, and also filter these posts by categories and/or tags.
The images used to make the thumbnails can be from the post’media library, a post’featured image, a NextGen Gallery linked to the post, or a custom fields where you setup the link to this image.
You can also change the default size (even if it’s not recommanded) to your choice.
In bonus, there is also a specific template to be used with YARPP Plugin. It allow you to display the related links with the same thumbnails.
Note on the support :
For better support, I will only answer question/suggestion/etc through a dedicaced page on my website : www.tranchesdunet.com/sidenails
You can post either in english or french (preferably).
Feel free to test it and report any bugs/suggestions
sidenailsdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Setup the plugin through its own admin interface, and set one or more widget in your theme (Appearance/widgets)
Contributors & Developers
“SideNails” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First public release
- Can now show a thumbnail of an image linked to a post, even if the post doesn’t show this image
- Can now show specific post, filtered by their ID
- few bugs corrections
- version number fixed