You can now replace an existing sidebar (widget area) with a custom sidebar for one or group of pages. The content of the new sidebar will be displayed on the exact same spot as the one you select to replace only for those pages you selected.
Once created all custom sidebars will be available in Appearance -> Widgets. You can drop any number of widgets in any of your custom sidebars. They work exacly the same way as the default once.
Upgrade to the Pro version of this plugin – the worlds most complete Sidebar and Widget management system for WordPress including regular updates and premium support:
Sidebar and Widget Manager | Demo site
Add as many sidebars (widget areas) as you need. Creating sidebars(widget areas) is unlimited.
WMPL plugin support so you can display sidebars and widgets based on language.
Sidebars can be displayed based on User role too.
Lets say you would like to display a certain set of widgets on your blog page, different set of widgets on your portfolio, and different set on your contact page. All that on the spot where the primary sidebar of your theme is located. You can do that by creating 3 sidebars replacing the primary sidebar and set each custom sidebar to display on blog or portfolio or contacts.
If you have an advanced theme that has some extra widget areas you can replace those as well. Practically any sidebar(widget area) can be replaced.
This is very easy and fun to do and requires no coding knowledge at all.
How Sidebar Manager Light works:
- Create a custom sidebar
- Choose which sidebar to replace
- Choose pages that will display the new sidebar
- Go to your widgets section and drop some widgets in your new sidebar
Please refer to online documentation page for more details and screenshots.
It took me a while to understand that most plug-ins of this kind do not allow to define widget areas depending on the user role. So while this plug-in is rather simple overall, this feature makes it stand out.
Ahhh, you have made my life so much easier with this sweet little plugin that worked right out of the box. THANK YOU.
Updating to versiion 1.3 or higher requires deactivation of the old version first! More info here
- Updated: WordPress 4.5 compatibility
- Updated: OTW core functions
- Added: Sidebar status update
- Fixed: Visibility tabs posts pagination
- Updated: use wp build in function for plugin url
- Updated: replace depricated functions
- Updated: new nicer interface
- Added: More flexible filters
- Updated: WPML plugin translated and not translated languages display
- Updated: WPML plugin function registration verification
- Added: WPML plugin filter
- Added: User role filter
- Fixed: typing mistake
- Updated: Better compatibility on a single WP installation for Widgetize Pages Light, Sidebar Manager Light, Widget Manager Light, Sidebar Widget Manager full version
- Updated: Activation method and replacement functionality
- Fix: Plugin’s dirname and url paths
- Fix: Compatibility on a single WP installation for Widgetize Pages Light, Sidebar Manager Light, Widget Manager Light
- Fix: Loading path
- Initial release
Contributors & Developers
Sidebar Manager Light is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors