Showcase IDX lets real estate agents embed a beautifully simple, yet surprisingly powerful, home search into their site. Focusing on your visitor’s experience, Showcase IDX gives your users a great experience and a reason to come back to your website to continue their home search. Built using the latest technologies that allows us to regularly upgrade and tweak the product, so your investment continues to grow and evolve over time.
Simple and Beautiful
Designed to make your site look amazing to your current and future clients. With years of experience in the real estate industry we’ve selected the features that users use most and simplified them. To see show Showcase IDX looks check out our DEMO.
Responsive and Mobile Ready
Designed from the ground up to be mobile compatible on smartphones and tablets when used with a responsive WordPress theme.
Showcase IDX has been around for 10 years providing real estate websites and we’re using our technology and brokerage experience to evolve the product with our agents. We’re committed to provide regular updates to the product to keep our agents ahead of the industry.
- Responsive design
- Live map search
- List and gallery result views
- Streamlined Lead Capture
- Social Media sharing
- Combined MLS data feeds
- Large photos and thumbnails
- Google Streetview
- Infinite scroll results
- Search widgets
- Foreclosures and short sales
- Consumer dashboard
- Saved searches
- Search Engine Optimized
- Fully MLS compliant
- Easy to install
- Dynamic community pages
- Virtual tours
- Amazing user insight with Lead Magic
- Custom, embeddable Hotsheets
- A lot more… Check out our site for more info on our features.
- What Happens When I Sign Up?
Step 1 – Paperless MLS documentation.
You will be receiving an email shortly with links to the e-documents for the MLS’s you belong to. We will review your application and ensure compliance with the MLS. This typically can take anywhere from the same day to 5 business days depending on the MLS and how fast we get the signed documentation back from you. Please be sure to read and review your documentation (in some cases it has additional instructions which you must complete separately).
Step 2 – MLS Approval.
Once you’ve been approved by the MLS, we’ll send you your personal IDX key and installation instructions. You will need your personal IDX key to make your Showcase IDX search work on your site.
Step 3 – Installation
We’ve made it as easy as possible to install the plugin on your site, so just follow the written-for-Realtors instructions and you should be good! If you have any issues, put in a [support ticket](http://showcaseidx.com/support/ “Send us a support ticket”).
- Do You Have Setup Fees or Contracts?
There are no setup fees or long-term contracts with Showcase IDX. All of our users are on month-to-month subscriptions. This gives you flexibility and makes sure that we live up to our end of the deal and provide you with an awesome IDX investment that you would never dream of cancelling!
- Things to Consider When Adding IDX to Your Site
This can vary from website to website, but we have seen the following things work very well:
Create a full-width page for the IDX to be embeded on and call it Home Search.
The search plugin is 930 pixels wide, so it takes up the full page. We have found that making it full width reduces user distraction which means they are less likely to click away and more likely to register or ask a question through the IDX.
We can not say this enough… the sites that our search works the best on are very simple. They don’t have any text or images above the search on the page and they don’t have links everywhere. Sites that work the best make it very clear where the search can be found and use search widgets on the homepage so users can start searching right away.
The speed that it takes to load a page is very important to have a fast website, or else your users will get frustrated and leave. Our IDX plugin has been optimized to load amazingly fast using some of the most cutting-edge server and database technologies. We’ve found that some themes, widgets and large images load before the Showcase IDX plugin and can make it seem like the plugin is running slowly. In most cases it’s not slow, it’s just waiting for the other elements on the page to load before it. We recommend keeping your pages lean, keeping things like weather widgets to a minimum. At the end of the day, people are looking to search for homes on your website, all that other stuff doesn’t really matter and can just get in the way.
It’s also important to understand that adding any IDX from any company to your site will not guarantee a lot of traffic and leads. It’s our mission to convert as many of your website users to good leads. Of course, we have SEO optimization built into the site, but consider how many other agents in your market have IDX search too, it’s exceedingly competitive. Realistically, you need to add additional useful content to the your site that is unique and will attract search traffic, or add online-search advertising to your marketing efforts. We have seen this work out very well for a number of our customers. Just to be clear, we’re not saying you won’t get free search traffic with our plugin, you will, but there are other investments that you can make in your website that can give you more of a return.
We support 4 different IDX options here at AgentFire.com and I can't say enough good things about ShowcaseIDX (which I believe to be the best available WordPress IDX).
Simple to use (i.e. low bounce rates and high user engagement), great mapping with polygon search, search by schools, fantastic mobile responsive functionality, 'login with facebook', ultra-fast, mls updates every 10 minutes or less.. and they are always adding or updating functionalities.
Bugs are relatively non-existent, and their support is absolute top tier. Solid product and a solid team behind it.
My life is exceptionally better because ShowcaseIDX exists, and I mean that.
As a developer with many years of using different IDX's (Diverse Solutions, iHomefinder, etc.), I have to say Showcase IDX is by far my favorite and it is now the only IDX I recommend to my clients. Not only is it super easy to use, but the IDX is powerful and functions exactly how my clients need it. Visually, it is stunning and so much better than the other IDX's. To top it off, customer service is top notch... I get most of my responses the same day! If you are looking for an IDX, I highly recommend Showcase.
Keep up the great work, Showcase.
- Fix for improperly-configured HTTPS sites.
- Support PHP versions with short open tags disabled.
- Better handling of multiple widgets on the same page.
- Note: The minimum version of PHP required is now 5.3. We check for this on plugin activation.
- Fix for hotsheets when multiple widgets are used on the same page
- Fix a small security hole
- Allow nested URLs for the default search page.
- Fix up SEO pages for certain MLSs.
- Tested on WP 4.3 and higher
- Updated admin UI
- Removed the disable routing option. This will make all search results pages use your page template as intended.
- Listing limit support on slideshow widgets
- API Key check performs better when the Showcase IDX service is unreachable.
- Implements an XML sitemap index, which will fix timeouts and errors for MLSs with large numbers of listings. You do not have to make any changes.
- Fix a bug where certain pages would unexpectedly show the search results.
- Slideshow widget [showcaseidx_widget_slideshow name=”XXX”]
- Fix for servers with outdated versions of OpenSSL
- Fix some shortcode attributes not pulling through
- Allow more shortcode attributes
- Contact form and new listings widgets
- Use SSL for increased security
- Last updated widget
- Don’t encode canonical URL
- Omnibox widget
- New SEO implementation
- Tested on WP 4.0
- Register and Login shortcodes: [showcaseidx_widget_register] and [showcaseidx_widget_login]
- SEO fix for Apache
- Add option to disable router for main search
- Fix custom hotsheets with quote characters
- Support Yoast SEO plugin with canonical URLs
- Fix SEO for certain WordPress installs
- Fix SEO listings for some MLSes
- Use SSL for API calls
- WordPress 3.9 compatibility
- Fix for network timeouts
- hide_map and hide_search for hotsheets
- Improved SEO
- Complete upgrade of Showcase IDX
- Added responsive templating and mobile versions
- Upgraded search to ElasticSearch
- Redesigned search and agent admin interface
- Initial public version of Showcase IDX.