Prints an html comment in the footer of every page letting you know which template file of your theme was used for the display.
This plugin is aimed towards theme developers and for theme support. It is recommended to only have this plugin activated during development or support as it will expose your file system path structure.
Props to Joel Fisher for the idea behind this plugin.
- Use the plugin updater in WordPress or…
- Delete the previous
show-templatefolder from the
- Upload the new
show-templatefolder to the
- Install and activate.
- View source of your blog through your web browser. You will see a html comment in the form of
<!-- Active Template: /home/username/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/default/index.php -->
- Why is the html comment not showing in the view source of my site?
This plugin requires that your themes footer.php contain
<?php wp_footer(); ?>directly above the
This remains in my standard toolkit for wordpress development. Since it creates a comment in the code, it has zero chance of interfering with my design.
- Use the WordPress 3.0 logic in determining the template file to include
- Add additional functionality to detect when a plugin or theme has intercepted the template loader
- Initial Public Release