Sends status updates to Ping.fm or Twitter everytime you publish a post. Using Sm00sh, Bit.ly, Tr.im, YOURLS, Su.pr or even your own domain for shortened permalinks (accounts on these services required). So this way you can send status to many sites at once if you have a Ping.fm account or send only to Twitter if you prefer that.
If you find it useful, please consider to make a donation or offer something from Amazon to Shorten2PingNG's author (any thing will be appreciated).
Silk icons by FAMFAMFAM
- Avoids to ping again when editing previously pinged post or even when editing an old post not pinged before.
- Option to choose between Ping.fm or Twitter for new post notifications.
- Option to choose between Bit.ly, Tr.im, YOURLS, Su.pr or even you own domain for shortened permalinks.
- Option to turn off notification or shortener service. Now you can use Shorten2Ping only for notification if your domain is already short enough for you, or use only to get shortened urls for your posts.
- Stores created shortened permalink in a post meta field (used for template integration).
rel="shorturl" as proposed at http://wiki.snaplog.com/short_url, creating auto-discovery link tag for short url on single post page header.
- You can use a template tag for showing visitors the short URL (using the same rel attribute as above for the shortened permalink).
- Locale support. Now available in English, Spanish, and Italian. See translation section for more info.
- Simple, fast, and useful :)
- PHP 5.x with CURL and JSON enabled (maybe works too in PHP4, but not tested and not supported by me).
- WordPress 2.7.x or higher (maybe would work on older WP, but not tested and not supported by me).
- Required your own account for the third party services that you want to use.
- Not tested and not supported on IIS servers.
If you want to make a translation for your language, use the shorten2ping.pot included and (if you want) send me the files to firstname.lastname@example.org for including it into the plugin package, you'll be credited, of course (NOTE: No sponsored translations allowed).
Credits for present translations:
- Italian translation made by Riccardo Vianello AKA etms51
- Spanish translation made by Samuel Aguilera AKA samuelaguilera