Adds a text-like widget that allows you to write shortcode in it. (Just whats missing in the default text widget)
To test the widget you can add the widget and use the shortcode “[shortcode_widget_test]”, it will display “It works” on the frontend and this will confirm the widget does work.
- Add the plugin’s folder in the WordPress’ plugin directory.
- Activate the plugin.
- You are now ready to use the Shortcode Widget from the Widgets section.
- To test the widget you can add the widget and use the shortcode “[shortcode_widget_test]”, it will display “It works” on the frontend and this will confirm the widget does work.
Saved my hide on two magazine websites I developed. Shortcode widget works like magic. Thanks for this.
Simple but very effective way to use shortcodes in a widget.
thanks for providing this. It came in handy for displaying a NextGEN gallery shortcode.
Thank you for this plugin. Worked perfectly.
Exactly I was looking for! Great tool! Thanks a lot!! 🙂
Easy to install and use.
Contributors & Developers
“Shortcode Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added the shortcode widget
- Added translation support
- Added a shortcode for testing the plugin ‘[shortcode_widget_test]’
- Tested with WP 4.0
- Reflecting the changes that have been done to the default text widget over the years
- Corrections in text domain and added one more string as translatable