Short URL allows you to create shorter URL’s and keeps track of how many times a link has been clicked. It’s useful for managing downloads, keeping track of outbound links and for masking URL’s. Clicking the Clear All Clicks button will reset the count for each entry. Visit the plugin page for more information about this plugin.
Version 2.8 has been updated for WordPress and updated a redundant function.
Version 2.7.1 includes pagination of links, easier setup of htaccess (permalinks) and allows admins to pass variables to their redirects. It also allows customisation of the permalink so you’re no longer limited to /u/23.
Modify u.php if you’d like a custom message when a redirect is not found.
Simply upload the files and go. Files should be in a short-url-plugin folder in wp-content/plugins.
short-url.phpand ‘u.php’ to the
/wp-content/plugins/short-url-plugindirectory or automatically install from WordPress 2.7
- You can either keep the u.php in the plugins folder or move/copy it to your root folder. Two u.php’s won’t make any difference.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit Plugins > ShortURL to setup the permalink options, add, remove and edit links.
- Your links will now have a Short URL such as http://www.yourdomain.com/u/5
- How do I use it?
Visit the ShortURL page in your dashboard (Plugins > ShortURL) to add, remove and edit links. Then use the outputted url in your posts/emails wherever.
- Where can I get more information?
From the plugins page on http://www.craftycoding.com/products/wordpress-plugins/short-url-plugin/. You can also get support by submitting a ticket from our website.