Currently, there is an option to “opt-in” to email marketing during the checkout. However, this option only provides the store owner with permission to send emails to the customer.
It does not automatically add the customer to any third-party email services.
With Shopp + Constant Contact this issue is resolved. If a customer “opts-in” to email marketing during checkout, then their email, first name, and last name are sent to a specified list on Constant Contact.
- Need help with your Shopp ecommerce store? Hire a Shopp developer today.
- View additional WordPress plugins for Shopp by Lorenzo Orlando Caum, Enzo12 LLC
- Follow Lorenzo on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, and Github
Credit to Adam Sewell who wrote the original code that allowed data to be transferred from Shopp after checkout. This code has been extended for several other services.
Credit to Envoy Media Group who created the PHP API Wrapper for the Constant Contact API.
Need a Shopp developer to help you with your Shopp? Hire a Shopp consultant today.
What do you think about video tutorials for Shopp? Web-based training for Shopp e-commerce plugin
- You’ll need an account with Constant Contact.
- Ensure that your Shopp is activated and up-to-date.
- Download Shopp + Constant Contact. Unzip the
- Upload the
shopp-contact-contactfolder to the
- Activate Shopp + Constant Contact through the Plugins menu in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Shopp 101 → + Constant Contact.
- Enter your Username, Password, API Key, and List ID for Constant Contact and click Save Settings.
- How do I get a Constant Contact account?
Visit constantcontact.com to register for an account.
- What is Shopp and how do I get it?
Shopp is an ecommerce plugin for WordPress. Learn more about Shopp.
- Are there any other extensions available for Shopp?
Yes, there are different extensions available including emailing marketing, short message service (sms) notifications, forms & reporting, help desk, and more. Please visit Shopp 101.
Contributors & Developers
“Shopp + Constant Contact” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changed name of menu from + Extensions to Shopp 101
- Verified support for WP 3.9.2
- Verified support for Shopp 1.3.5
- Removed links to old domain name
- Only load CSS on WP admin screen
- Moved to new menu
- Verified support for WordPress 3.5
- Removed social sharing
- Verified support for Shopp 1.2.4 & Shopp 1.2.5
- Link to Constant Contact API (for registration)
- Fixed broken links
- Corrected grammar errors
- Verified support for WordPress 3.4.2
- Added notice for Shopp 220.127.116.11 and prior (no longer supported)
- Added links to Amazon Wishlist
- Corrected html syntax
- Fixed CSS date format
- Corrected errors from array(&$this
- Verified support for WordPress 3.4.1
- Verified support through Shopp 1.2.3
- Added support to extend plugin further
- Removed unneeded styling in css file
- Minor updates to admin page content and layout
- Corrected html syntax
- Removed referral links
- Fixed a PHP Notice in the Shopp debug log
- Reduced overall size of plugin
- New Shopp email marketing opt-in screenshot
- New plugin interface screenshots
- Added Other Notes
- Removed banner ad (WordPress Plugin Guidelines) and replaced with links to http://optimizemyshopp.com
- CSS improvements
- Fixed CSS border issue.
- Removed unneeded images.
- Added RSS feed.
- Corrected spelling and grammar errors.
- Added option to donate through the Shopp Help Desk.
- License is now GPLv2.
- Improved readability for user interface.
- Added credits.
- Added email subscription box.
- Added recommendations and additional resources.
- Added information about the author.
- Added a white paper.
- Improved readability for source coding.
- Fixed spelling errors.
- Minor updates to correct errors on WordPress Plugin Directory!
- First version!