ShopLocket is the easiest way to sell products from your WordPress site. No expensive storefront to set up and no upfront or monthly fees. With ShopLocket, you can start selling on your WordPress blog in minutes. Simply use the ShopLocket product wizard to create a product and you’ll be able share and embed your product as easily as a Youtube video.
With ShopLocket, you can start selling on your WordPress site in minutes. This plugin will allow you to add ShopLocket products to pages, posts and your sidebar.
To get started, install the ShopLocket plugin and connect it to your existing ShopLocket account or to create a new one. Follow ShopLocket’s easy to use product creation wizard on ShopLocket.com to publish your first products and start inserting them into your WordPress site!
Easier than embedding a YouTube video
- No design skills or coding knowledge needed
- To create your first products on ShopLocket.com just give us a few details (name, description, pictures, etc.) and connect your Stripe or PayPal account
- To insert your products onto WordPress, just select “Add Product” on a page or post or select your product name in the ShopLocket sidebar widget.
No upfront costs or monthly fees
- Only pay when you sell a product
- 2.5% transaction fee plus PayPal/Stripe fees
- No hidden fees (we aren’t sneaky)
- PayPal: Accept PayPal payments and credit card
- Stripe: Accept credit card payments
Physical and Digital Products
- Sell physical items that you will ship to the buyer
- Sell digital products that will be automatically downloaded by the buyer
- Create bundles that let you sell physical and digital products in the same transaction
- One click sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and your other favourite social networks
- Allow others to share your product and even embed it on their own website!
- Orders dashboard that will let you view all of your sales and sort (Date, Status, etc.)
- Download CSV file for your own records or order management software
Install directly from your Dashboard (Plugins > Add New). Just search for “ShopLocket”.
- Upload the
shoplocketfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Drop your ShopLocket embed into your posts or use the ShopLocket widget.
- What is ShopLocket?
ShopLocket is the easiest way to sell products professionally online. ShopLocket gives sellers an easy, attractive way to sell their products from their own website, blog and social networks. There is no marketplace to search, ShopLocket products are found on the websites and social networks of the sellers.
For payment processing, ShopLocket lets the seller choose between using either PayPal or Stripe. With PayPal, we require all of our sellers to have verified Premier or Business accounts.
- How do I create a ShopLocket product?
Just sign up for a ShopLocket account to get started. Once you’ve published a product, go to a new post on WordPress and select “Add Product.” Now you’ll be able to select from your existing ShopLocket products. On certain style widgets, you can also resize them by changing the ‘Width’ and ‘Height’ options. After clicking ‘Insert Product’ and publishing your post, you’ll be able view your products in your post.
- How do I put a ShopLocket product in my sidebar?
After creating a product on ShopLocket, click on the “Appearance” tab on your WordPress account, then click “Widgets.” Now you can drag the ShopLocket widget into the sidebar that you want it to appear in. Once there, you can give it a title and select from your existing products. Then, just hit “Save” and “Close” and your product will appear in the sidebar that you’ve chosen.
- How do I get paid?
As you make a sale, either PayPal or Stripe (depending on who you choose for payment processing) will take off their payment processing fees, then take off our fee (2.5%), then send the rest of the money to your account. All of this happens at the time of a purchase.
- How does ShopLocket get paid?
ShopLocket charges a 2.5% transaction fee on sales. This fee comes in addition to PayPal/Stripe fees. Other than that, there are no other fees that you’ll pay to ShopLocket.
- How long will it take to get my money?
With PayPal, the money is automatically sent to your PayPal account when you make a sale (minus fees). With Stripe, payments are held in your Stripe account for 7 days and then automatically transferred to your bank account. This means you will have access to funds on a seven day rolling basis.
- How can customers pay?
ShopLocket is built on top of PayPal and Stripe for payment processing, so it will depend on which method you’re using. If you’ve selected PayPal, customers will be able to pay via their PayPal account or by credit card (if you have the option selected on your PayPal account to allow non-PayPal users to checkout). If you’re using Stripe, customers will be able to pay via credit card. At this time, you cannot use both Stripe and PayPal at the same time.
- I have more questions, who do I contact?
We’re available 7 days a week and happy to answer any of your questions!
Telephone support: (1-855-885-7675)
Email support: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We also offer live chat on our website during business hours Monday — Friday.
Contributors & Developers
“ShopLocket” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Ability to connect your WordPress install to your ShopLocket account.
- Browse your own products and insert them into any page, post, or sidebar
- Visual preview of embeds
- Initial release; supports shortcode, embed-to-shortcode reversal, widget.