Visit the official Shopify Importer plugin page for more support & additional information
If you have a Shopify.com website, you may want to export your products from Shopify and into your WordPress blog. This would make it easy to blog about all the products in your store.
- Tags will be imported as tags
- All the exported product details will be added to the post or page as Custom Fields, allowing you to modify your theme to display all the details of your products.
- Import products as draft (Default: Import products as published)
- Import products as pages (Default: Import products as posts)
- Import Vendors as categories (For “Import as posts” only)
- Upload plugin files to your plugins folder, or install using WordPress’ built-in Add New Plugin installer
- Activate the plugin
- Go to the Import page (Tools > Import)
- Click on the Shopify link
- Follow the instructions on the page
- How should the CSV file be formatted?
The CSV file should be formatted exactly how it gets exported from the Shopify products screen. There is a
sample-products.csvfile included in the plugin for you to use as a template as well.
- Does this plugin require I use Shopify?
The purpose for this plugin is to import data from a Shopify store, so you would either want to have an active store or have at least an exported CSV file.
- What is the plugin license?
- This plugin is released under a GPL license.
I was thinking to myself…self, somebody else has to have thought of needing something like this, right? LOL, and it appears so. Works great!
I’d love the ability to map the standard ‘shopify image src’ custom field that comes over as the Featured Image…any chance we can get that done?
Contributors & Developers
“Shopify Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial plugin release.