This plugin makes your “Screen Options” and “Help” tabs at the top of your screen more noticeable.
New in version 2.0
- Can style the screen options and help tabs separately.
- Four color options (red, green, blue, default) available.
- Database settings are retained if you deactivate the plugin. (Useful for debugging your site.)
- Database settings are removed if you uninstall the plugin.
Documentation is available on my wiki.
- Via FTP *
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it
- From the “Plugins” Panel*
- Click on “Add New”.
- In the “Search Plugins” box, type “Seeing Red”.
- “Seeing Red” should come up first. Click on “Install Now”.
- After it’s installed, click on “Activate Plugin”
- What is the idea behind this plugin?
I work with a lot of people who are new to WordPress, and they are just never aware of the Screen Options tab. It’s one of those things that you need only rarely, that power WP users are well aware of, and that is a complete mystery to noobs.
- Is it possible to hide one or both of the tabs?
Not with this release, but I will add that if there is interest.
Contributors & Developers
“Seeing Red” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Updated 24 January 2016
- Fixed an issue with bottom borders not appearing in WordPress 4.4.1
Updated 15 July 2015
- A new settings page is added
- Ability to style the screen options and help tabs separately
- Four color schemes available for each tab: red, green, blue, default
- Database settings are retained in the event of deactivation
- Database settings are removed in the event of uninstallation
- CSS is contained in an external stylesheet, rather than being added to the element, thus saving server resources.
- Initial release