Search Storm allows you to search for an article by combining multiple categories
Search Storm allows you to search:
1) entering a keyword without selecting a category
2) entering a keyword and selecting one or more categories
- Upload this plugin to your WordPress plugin directory( generally wp-content/plugins/ ).
- Activate it in admin area.
- Your theme should have a hardcoded search form or you should add a “Search” widget to sidebar to allow visitors searching.
Search Storm is working now!
- If Search Storm doesn’t work, check whether or not there is a “searchform.php” file in your current theme directory, if not, you don’t need do anything; If yes, edit this “searchform.php” following the below instructions:
Your theme’s “searchform.php” file may looks like below, with some other codes:
.... <form method="get" id="searchform" action="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>"> <input type="text" id="s" name="s" value="<?php the_search_query(); ?>" /> <input type="submit" id="searchsubmit" value="Search" /> </form> ...
<?php if(function_exists('wss_add_form_field')) wss_add_form_field(); ?> code to proper place inside
<form> element, in most cases you can put it just after
<input type="submit" value="Search" /> button and before
</form> close tag.
That’s all. You may want to add css styles to make search form nicer.
- What do I need to use this plugin?
To use this plugin you need a plan yTicket and a website developed with wordpress
Contributors & Developers
“Multiple Category Search Storm” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First release.
- Added dinamic categories selection by admin panel
- The Menu category is disabled if the category no contain the subcategories or the category is not selected
- In admin panel you can select a empty option for category
- Fixed problems loading the list of categories on the search form
- Fixed problems loading locale
- Add custom css in admin
- Tested with WP 4.0