Search in Place features:
» Performs real time search as you enter search criteria » Groups search results by post type (post, page) » Allows to limit the number of elements in the dynamic search results » Offers a different navigation option on the website » Use a friendly AJAX technology for searching
Search in Place improves blog search by displaying query results in real time. Search in place displays a list with results dynamically as you enter the search criteria.
Search in Place groups search results by their type, labeling them as post, page or the post type entered, and highlights the searched terms in search page and resulting pages. Search in Place advanced allows to search in metadata too.
More about the Main Features:
- Performs real time search as you enter search criteria;
- Use a friendly AJAX technology for searching;
- Groups search results by post type (post, page);
- Allows to limit the number of elements in the dynamic search results;
- Offers a different navigation option on the website.
Frequently, while performing a search in a blog with terms we think are present in the blog’s pages and posts, after various search attempts and a slow/tedious process of page reloads, we feel frustration because we haven’t found the page/post being searched for. With Search in Place the search process is easier and seamless. The Search in Place makes the post search in real time, allowing the correction of the search criteria without reloading the website (The basic version of “Search in Place” makes the search in posts and pages).
The base plugin, available for free from the WordPress Plugin Directory has all the features you need to create a store for sell downloads on your website.
- Allows highlight the criteria for searching in results;
- Allows the searching in metadata and taxonomies associated to the post, page or custom post type;
- Allows to define additional post_types to be considered for searching;
- Includes the integration with popular plugins like: WooCommerce, WP e-Commerce, Jigoshop, Ready! Ecommerce Shopping Cart and more;
- Include labels in the search results page;
- Allows to customize the box colors;
Demo of Premium Version of Plugin
The usual WordPress behavior is searching in the posts, but the post’s search may not be sufficient if you are using plugins that includes custom post_types. The WordPress born as a blog manager, but this great platform has been evolved through its plugins until allow be used as a content management system, an eCommerce (WooCommerce, WP e-Commerce, etc.) or a social network, so the search feature require evolve too and allow searching by products, users and any custom post_types. Search in Place came to fill this empty in WordPress, Search in Place allow to search in custom post_types, taxonomies associated to the post_types or its metadata.But Search in Place don’t stop there, with Search in Place is possible to format the results, set labels to identify the search results, and highlight the terms in the resulting pages.
If you want more information about this plugin or another one don’t doubt to visit my website:
- Q: Why to use Search in Place?
A: Search in Place allows to find posts and pages without abandon the webpage (the premium version of plugin allows include custom post types).
- Q: Why the posts search doesn’t display the thumbnails in the search results?
A: The thumbnails are get from the featured images assigned to the post or page. Please verify your posts have assigned featured images.
- Q: How to modify the number of items in a post search?
A: Modify the value of field “Enter the number of posts to display” in the settings page of Search in Place.
If you require more information, please visit our FAQ page in:
- Q: How to display the pages/posts that include all or any of terms typed in the search box?
A: In the settings page of the plugin there is a new attribute for selecting if get the pages/posts with all terms entered through the search box (AND), or any of terms (OR)
- Q: How to find the products created by WooCommerce?
A: The Pro version of the plugin allows searching in custom post types, and taxonomies.
In the settings page of the plugin there are two attributes: the “Post type”, and “Taxonomy”. You simply should press the “Add new type” button, and type the name of post_type, the process to add the taxonomies is similar, press the “Taxonomy” button, and type the taxonomy name.
For common plugins like: WooCommerce, WP e-Commerce, Jigoshop, and Ready! Ecommerce Shopping Cart, with only pressing the corresponding button, all post types and taxonomies used by these plugins are added to the “Search in Place”.
- Q: Is possible to exclude some pages or posts from the search result?
A: Go to the settings page of the plugin, and enter the IDs of pages or posts through the attribute: “Exclude posts/pages (Ids separated by comma)”, separated by comma.
Good work team! It is exactly what i needed and you made a great job with it! Thank you!
"It does the job quite good" 🙂
- Fixes a typo in the variable that defines plugin’s entries in the WordPress menu.
- Fixes an issue generating json objects with texts in UTF-8 characters of 4 bytes.
- Improves the module that highlight the search terms in posts/pages’ contents.
- Convert the Global variables in explicitly globals.
- Includes new menu options to make the help more accessible.
- The current update validates the length of characters used to get the posts/pages summaries in the search results.
- Fixes some warnings concerning to variables passed as reference.
- Displays the “More Results” link if there are more results available.
- Modifies some deprecated jQuery functions.
- Corrects an issue with the searches in WordPress websites protected with SSL.
- Modifies the settings page.
- Deletes the plugin settings in the uninstall process, and not in deactivation.
- Allows searching the pages/posts that include all words, or any of the words in the search box.
- This version resolves an issue with the “More Results” link in sub-pages and multi-site installations.
- The use of taxonomies as criteria for searching.
- The integration with very popular plugins.
- Customizing the search results box.
- Updated the administration interface.
- Shown in the search result list, the thumbnail version of featured images.
- Improves the items selection in the search result list.
- Includes the images captions between the elements for searching.
- Improves the compatibility with themes non standards.
- Removes the shortcodes from descriptions in the results list.
- The attachments have been removed from results.
- If the post has associated a Featured image, it will be shown on dynamic search dialog.
- First Release