“Search by Google” plugin adds Google search form widget. It helps user to search on site using Google.
- “Title” (title of the widget);
- “Submit button text” (if left blank than “Google search” text will be used);
- “Search on site” (if left blank than Google will search on current site);
I installed this, hoping for simple search solution. However, no matter what keyword I entered for the search, it returns "not found". Edit: I see that my site is not indexed. Must have suffered a penalty somewhere... Any rate, I have revised my rating to 3 (neutral). Here are the complete instructions given for the plugin: 1. install and activate the plugin on the Plugins page 2. add "Search by Google" widget to your sidebar and customize it You might want to consider adding something about having to be indexed in Google for this to work.
now users can do a google search not just of the wordpress part of the domain (the native search box only searches in wordpress), but they can search for products by part # or partial part # or product name etc. in the custom non-wordpress store in the same domain.
1.9 – 2015-08-20
- One more replace PHP4 style constructors with PHP5 constructors – https://make.wordpress.org/core/2015/07/02/deprecating-php4-style-constructors-in-wordpress-4-3/
1.8 – 2015-08-14
- Replace PHP4 style constructors with PHP5 constructors – https://make.wordpress.org/core/2015/07/02/deprecating-php4-style-constructors-in-wordpress-4-3/
1.7 – 2015-05-28
- Translation ready
- Added Ukrainian translation
1.6 – 2015-05-28
- Minor bugfixing
- Code cleanup
1.5 – 2012-11-07
- minor changes
- make plugin html valid (remove name=”f” from form)
- improved scripts
- improved scripts and styles include
- improved input focus behaviour
- initial release