This plugin will display an icon in a corner of the page that, when clicked, will smoothly scroll the user’s browser to the top of the page. The plugin comes with options such as which corner the icon should appear in, the distance from the corner, and which icon to use (you can also upload your own). Also, you can turn on the document scroll event to fade the icon in and out when the user scrolls far enough down the page and up again.
Please note* This plugin may not display the icon in many mobile browsers due to some lack of support for position: fixed;
Looking for a ScrollTo Bottom plugin? Check out the sister plugin.
I recently launched a new WP 3.5 site and updated to 3.6.1. The old site is 3.2.1, so I was afraid it wouldn't work.
I tried a few other plugins that scroll to the top—they don't let me use my "favicon" image. This option rings my chimes!
So I tried it, and it works as well as ever. Thanks for a super plugin that adds a much-appreciated graphic touch.
Your delighted "guinea pig," Anna
- Fixed disappearing bug if scroll event is turned off. Thanks jasonpaulweber!
- Fixed small CSS issue with some sites that created a white bar.
- Upgrading scrollTo to 1.4.3
- Added option for specifying the icon’s container element.
- Added option for specifying what x location the image should fade in or out at.
- Added option for scroll speed.
- Removed the icon on the login page.
- More compatibility.
- Original release.