SCORM Cloud For WordPress enables you to manage and deliver training from within WordPress. Harnessing the SCORM Engine powered SCORM Cloud training delivery service, this plugin provides all version SCORM compliance to any WordPress blog or WordPress Multi-Site installation, including BuddyPress support.
- Upload SCORM or AICC courses to the SCORM Cloud from within WordPress.
- Embed training into posts and pages of your blog. Select whether all users or only logged in users can launch courseware.
- Assign training to other WordPress users directly.
- Include widgets on your blog for displaying a logged in user’s training or displaying a catalog of available courses to launch.
- View learner progress as well as overall reports of learner training, including aggregated reports based on course, blog post, and all training.
- Activate in network mode for WordPress Multi-Site to enable all blog sites to use a single SCORM Cloud account, but to manage their training individually.
In addition to the functionality found in the SCORM Cloud For WordPress plugin, you will have the full power and functionality provided by the SCORM Cloud site which provides access to even more history information, account management, and extensive SCORM testing tools. A SCORM Cloud account is required to use the SCORM Cloud service features of the plugin; accounts are free for limited training usage but unlimited testing within the SCORM Cloud site.
Visit the SCORM Cloud website to learn more about SCORM Cloud.
You can download and install SCORM Cloud For WordPress using the built in WordPress plugin installer. If you download SCORM Cloud For WordPress manually, make sure it is uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/scormcloud/”.
Activate SCORM Cloud For WordPress in the “Plugins” admin panel using the “Activate” or “Network Activate”link.
On the left-hand Admin menu panel, open the SCORM Cloud menu and click on the Settings link. On the SCORM Cloud Settings page, enter your AppID and Secret Key which can be found on the SCORM Cloud Apps page by logging into your SCORM Cloud account. If you are a super-admin and setting up a network-activated plugin, your credentials will be used for all sites and you need to choose whether to allow courses to be shared across all sites. Click “Update Settings”.
- Does a SCORM Cloud account cost money?
Yes, although there is a free trial level account that allows for limited monthly training usage and unlimited SCORM testing. If you decide that you need more than the 10 monthly free training registrations, there are several different tiers of paid accounts available, based on your usage needs. More info on pricing.
- What BuddyPress support do you provide?
The SCORM Cloud For WordPress basic functionality works with BuddyPress without issue, including the SCORM Cloud widgets. Additionally, SCORM Cloud for WordPress updates the BuddyPress activity stream with information about SCORM Cloud training that users take.
Contributors & Developers
“SCORM Cloud For WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Removed more deprecated methods
- Removed deprecated WP methods
- Updates Training View
- Updates to synching learner information
- Updates to shortcode management
- Adding proxy support
- Adding fixes for the non-user catalog launches and to prevent widget launch double-clicking (which could produce duplicate SCORM Cloud registrations).
- Fixes a bug database structure bug related to adding training to posts/pages.
- Fixes a bug that prevents a Multi-site enabled WordPress installation from sharing courses among sites.
- Fixes a bug that shows up in WordPress version 3.3.1 having to do with jQuery loading properly.
- Updates the course properties editor to latest editor in the SCORM Cloud.
- Fixes some minor UI styling inconsistencies.
- Fixes bugs related to missing registration data.
- Fixes a bug occasionally preventing widgets from appearing.
- Fixes a bug in database upgrade process.
- Adds option to send notification email to training invitees.
- Adds network settings page to control SCORM Cloud account usage/course library sharing.
- Fixes a bug when changing AppIDs.
- Fixes a bug preventing invalid configuration from being corrected.
- Fixes a bug in certain database updates.
- Fixes a bug preventing new users from configuring the plugin.
- Fixes some security vulnerabilities.
- Small update to fix a potentially troublesome php tag in embedTrainig.php.
- Adds the ability to limit training widget listings to only the latest per course.
- Disables the launch button after being clicked to prevent multiple clicks.
- Adds improved support for WordPress 3.0.1.
- Added a missing closing div tag to the catalog widget.
- Updates to cleanup contextual help funcitonality.
- Modified the length of the course_id value in the database to handle long packageId values created on SCORM Cloud.
- Primarily fixes that were hidden except in debug mode.
- Removed use of user_level since it has been deprecated.
- Now sending a learner’s email to the SCORM Cloud so that they will be associated with any existing learner or added to SCORM Cloud, aiding in user managament/reporting on the SCORM Cloud web app.
- Fixed a bug that sent across the name of the current user for direct invitations (instead of the invitee’s name).
- Added functionality to update a user’s name on the SCORM Cloud when their name is changed in wordpress.
- Modifications to better handle translation. Also added a lang folder and a default .po file.
- Added Dutch language support.
- Modified the launch functionality so that non wordpress account holders can relaunch a course by entering the same email as their original launch into the launch form.
- Added a course Package Properties Editor to the admin courses page.
- Original Release.