I hate wasting time adding dummy content to a theme.
SCF Dummy Content quickly populates a site with dummy titles, content and featured images. It can create posts, pages, custom post types and terms for registered taxonomies.
I appreciate your comments and any ideas for improvement!
- Unzip and Upload all files in
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go the the Options page to customize the dummy content
- Can I upload my own images
Yes you can. In the options page there is an image uploader just for that.
Contributors & Developers
“SCF Dummy Content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Intial Version.
- Added Screenshots
- Added option to edit the title for terms
- Created shortcode for creating terms. User can insert the term being created into its title.
- Did some minor CSS to make the wysiwyg smaller and table larger.
- Filtered out some of the built_in post types and taxonomies(attachement, navigation items)
- Default post titles are “post_type” + number of post.
- Default term titles are “taxonomy name” + number of term.
- Added screenshots for WP.org
- Added functions to delete all posts and terms created by plugin. Thus deflating the site.
- Added link to Ipsum Lorem Generator
- Edited some content.
- Bug fix – user could only create posts and no other custom post types