Scan-to-Login™ boosts up your site’s security while adding an innovative fun-factor for registration and login. It provides an easy and fun way to register and login simply by scanning a QR Code with a mobile phone.
For maintenance and reporting please click Here.
For any issue please contact our Support.
With Scan-to-Login your site will have 2-Factor authentication using our patented technology that combines the user’s mobile phone and the website’s authorization and registration/login functionality.
Unique passwords are created and used by Scan-to-Login that are long, randomly generated and also include special characters to further increase security.
Its quick and convenient for your visitors to register and login just by scanning a QR Code embedded on your site.
Visitors no longer need to remember complicated passwords and username combinations, they can just simply scan the QR Code and enter the site letting Scan-to-Login do all the work.
Innovative Fun Technology:
The embedded QR Codes are fully customizable to fit in with your site’s look and feel.
Enhance the fun-factor of your site by giving your visitors a new and exciting way to login and interact on your website.
Zapper and Scan-to-Login
Scan-to-Login works in conjunction with our lightweight mobile application, Zapper™. It is a high-performance, multi language QR Code scanner with no Ads, is 100% free and is used to decode QR Codes quickly and accurately. The Zapper app is available on nearly all application stores. Download Zapper on iTunes and Google Play
Watch this space as more exciting features and functionality for Scan-to-Login are due for release in the near future.
For more information on Zapper please see www.zapper.com
How It Works
With the Scan-to-Login plugin installed on your website, visitors can simply scan the QR Code, to either complete a new registration or use an existing login to enter your website straight from their mobile device.
In order to use Scan-to-Login you will need to register as a Merchant on the Zapper website. This will allow you to customize the desired login fields required to register and login to your website using Scan-to-Login (Please see Installation for more info on how to set this up)
Registration and Login
A new visitor to your site:
- A new visitor scans the QR Code on your website with the Zapper app.
- The required fields will be chosen by you when you register as a merchant on the Zapper website (see Installation for more info). These are loaded on the visitor’s mobile device.
- The visitor is prompted to complete these fields on their mobile.
- If the visitor has previously completed their profile on the Zapper app they will already have all, or most of the fields saved on their device and these will automatically be passed to your website’s registration fields at scan.
- Any additional fields that your site may require will be prompted for at this point on the visitor’s device.
- The completed registration data is then passed to your site’s backend and the visitor will be registered on your website.
- The visitor will then automatically be logged into the site without having to type anything into the actual site.
- The registration information is stored securely on the mobile device, using 128-bit SSL encryption, making subsequent logins to the site quick and easy for the user.
A returning visitor to your site:
- A visitor who has already registered on your site will scan the QR Code for the first time.
- The visitor is prompted on their mobile device for the username and password for your website.
- The visitor enters these login credentials on the device and is automatically logged into your site without typing anything into the website.
- The login information is stored securely on the mobile device, using 128-bit SSL encryption, making subsequent logins to the site quick and easy for the user.
For more information please visit Scan-to-Login
Need some help?
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
- What is a QR Code?
QR or Quick Response Codes are a type of 2-dimensional barcode that can be read using smartphones and dedicated QR reading devices. They link directly to text, emails, websites, address book entries and much more. Use Zapper to quickly and accurately decode both QR Codes and barcodes.
- What is Zapper™?
The Zapper app is a smartphone application that lets you register, login and pay both online and offline by scanning Zapper-enabled QR Codes. Zapper uses QR Codes to safely transmit your data from your smartphone to the particular website you’re browsing. Zapper is brought to you by Zapper Limited.
- What is Scan-to-Login™?
Scan-to-Login is the service from Zapper that makes it possible for websites to handle registration, login and payment via the Zapper app.
- How do I get started with Scan-to-Login and Zapper?
That’s easy… Download Zapper, tap the “Options” button in the top right corner, tap “Edit Profile” and fill out the “My Profile” section. This can also be done when scanning a Zapper-enabled QR Code for the first time. Filling out your profile is a once-off task as your details will be encrypted and stored on your phone, ready for use next time you need them.
- How does the scanner work?
Open the Zapper scanner app on your mobile and line up the QR Code or barcode to be scanned in your camera view. Hold the phone still and it will automatically scan within a few moments.
- Is it free?
Yes! Both Zapper app and Scan-to-Login are free for app users and merchants.
- Are you going to use my personal details?
- Where are my personal details stored?
- Can I protect my personal details?
Yes! You can add a password to your Zapper profile via the Settings in the app. This will force you to enter the password whenever the Scan-to-Login service is used and data is sent. This will prevent unauthorized usage of your personal details if your phone falls into the wrong hands.
- How do I add more info to my personal profile?
Open your Zapper app and tap the Options button in the top right corner. Tap the grey bar at the top to create/edit your profile. Now you can add your personal, credit card and address details.
- Is it safe/secure?
Yes! Scan-to-Login uses 128-bit encryption to ensure your data is safe and secure. Your personal data is encrypted and then sent from your smartphone to the website you’re using. Zapper never stores your personal data and only you and the relevant website will ever see the decrypted data. Your credit card number is also never displayed in full and you can boost the security of Zapper by password-protecting the data stored in the app.
- Which phones will it work with?
Currently Zapper works on Android, iOS and Windows.
- Do I need to register?
No you don’t. You just need save your details into the “My Profile” section of the app so that you can seamlessly register, login and checkout at participating websites.
- Where can I get support?
The quickest way is to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where can I get further documentation on Scan-to-Login?
Check out http://zapper.com/scan_to_login.php for more information.
- Do you have more products to offer?
Yes! Zapper offers two other services, Scan-to-Pay™ and Scan-to-Go™. Scan-to-Pay takes the hassle out of bill payments. Just scan the Zapper-enabled QR Code on your bill and your payment is sorted. Scan-to-Pay – Beautifully simple payments. Scan-to-Go makes paying your restaurant bills quick and easy. Scan the Zapper-enabled QR Code on your bill, add a tip, split the bill, confirm and you’re done.
- Where can I report a bug?
Report bugs to email@example.com
- What is multi-factor authentication and how does it work?
It may sound complicated, but it is pretty easy to explain. Authentication is a way of verifying that you are entitled to access the information you want to access. There are three broad ways to authenticate a user.
Something the user knows (e.g.: a username and password). This is the most popular online.
Something a user has: (e.g.: a security token, mobile phone or key fob)
Something the user is: (e.g.: a fingerprint, a retina pattern, their face)
2-Factor Authentication occurs when a user has to use 2 of the three methods above to gain access. 3-Factor Authentication is when a user has to use all 3 of the methods above to be authenticated. Multi-factor Authentication occurs when a user is using the same method but multiple times (eg: using two passwords, using both a fingerprint and retina pattern and so on)
- How does Zapper security work.