Scalable Sitemaps is a WordPress plugin that will provide fast, clean and efficient xml-compliant sitemaps for your website. Many sitemap and SEO plugins do not have great compatibility with large sites and will take a long time to generate a sitemap (if it gets generated at all). This solves that problem by using some basic raw connections to your database and generating simple sitemaps in real-time as they are requested.
- Go to Admin – Plugins – Add New and search for “Scalable Sitemaps”
- Click on Install
- Click on Activate
- Download scalable-sitemaps.zip
- Unzip and upload the “scalable-sitemaps” folder to your “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
This plugin does not have any administration interface and when activated “just works”. If you’re code saavy, however, here are a few filters that you can use to change the behavior of the plugin:
* scalable_sitemaps_news_category – Return the slug of the category which you want to appear on your news sitemap.
* scalable_sitemaps_news_days – Filter in the number of days’ posts you wish the news sitemap to contain.
* scalable_sitemaps_pages – Return false to disable displaying pages in the sitemap – alternatively, filter which categories are shown.
* scalable_sitemaps_categories – Return false to disable displaying category pages in the sitemap – alternatively, filter which categories are shown.
* scalable_sitemaps_users – Return false to disable displaying user pages in the sitemap – alternatively, filter which users are shown.
* scalable_sitemaps_post_types – Filter to allow custom post types to be included in the daily sitemaps.
* scalable_sitemaps_custom_taxonomies – Filter to allow custom taxonomies to be included in sitemap-taxonomies.xml.
* scalable_sitemaps_tags – Return false to disable displaying tag pages in teh sitemap – alternatively, filter which tags are shown.
Contributors & Developers
“Scalable Sitemaps” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Prevent tags sitemap link from outputting when tags sitemap is disabled
- Added support for custom post types
- Added support for custom taxonomies
- Created individual sitemaps for users and categories instead of including in the pages sitemap
- Added additional sanitation and escaping where necessary
- Added tag sitemap
- Added docblocks and inline comments where needed
- Slight tweak to the datestamp on the news sitemap
- Tweaked the news sitemap to make it slighly more performant
- Added one new hook (scalable_sitemaps_news_days) to allow changing how many days of posts the news sitemap holds
- Initial submission of plugin files