Add links and menus to posts, pages, and custom post types.
An “Add Link” button is added to the editor, click to show a menu:
- Posts, Pages, to select a link destination.
- Custom link, to type in the url of an external page.
- Menus, to insert a menu that has been created in the Appearance –> Menus page.
A label may be added to describe the link.
All links will be inserted in the post as a “shortcode”
Menus will be rendered by the WordPress wp_nav_menu() function, this adds classes to various parts of the menu to enable it to be styled using css [more details here.] (https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_nav_menu)
Integrated help is included: just click the “help” tab at the top right of the screen.
- Install either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“rvw Add Link” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “rvw Add Link” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested in WordPress 4.5
- Minor code changes
- 3 Provided missing image for search box
- Fixed issues with display of popup box in WordPress 4.0
- Fixed issues with popup box in WordPress 3.9
- Increased functionality – add menus to posts.
- Fixed issues with popup box in WordPress 3.6.
- Images to improve popup display included.
- No changes original version