This plugin has one purpose, replace the default comment field that just accepts plain text with a rich text editor similar to the one used when writing posts on admin accounts.
- Search for RTE Comments on the Plugins : Addnew admin page.
- Locate RTE Comments in the results.
- Click Install Now
- Comfirm the installation.
- Activate the plugin.
- That’s it. There are no settings to configure.
- Why doesn’t the rich text editor show up for me?
One of three reasons or a mixture of any combination…
* You are not logged in as an admin.
* The theme is not using the comments_form() template tag.
- Are there any known plugin conflicts?
Yes, just one with cforms II. The conflict ccan be resolved by changing a couple settings in cforms. On the cforms Global Settings admin page under the WP Editor Button Support section uncheck both options and save the settings.
Contributors & Developers
“RTE Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- BUG: Fix double slashing of js include.
- OTHER: Include js in the header matching the default position of the comment-reply.js file.
- OTHER: Update readme.txt to include info and resolution about a conflict with cforms II.
- Initial Release.