Adds a simple to use [rss] shortcode with a couple of options:
- feed, to put in the feed URL
- num, to specify the number of items to show, defaults to 5
- excerpt (true|false), whether to show an excerpt or not, defaults to true
- target (defaults to none), to make links open in a new page (might break your html validity if under a strict doctype)
[rss feed=”http://yoast.com/feed/” num=”10″ excerpt=”false”]
[rss feed=”http://yoast.com/feed/” num=”5″ excerpt=”true” target=”_blank”]
- Upload the
rss-shortcodefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Use the shortcode in your posts and pages.
For a plugin that is 7 years old and untested with the most recent version this does exactly what it says on the tin. Many thanks to the developer!
Contributors & Developers
“RSS Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added the option to specify a link target in the shortcode.
- Initial release.