If you are a podcaster and you already submitted a podcast to iTunes you will notice that Apple does not provide a form where you can change your feed- or podcast url. Instead you have to use a special tag in your feed to change the url.
The RSS iTunes Redirection Plugin will add the necessary namespace (if needed) and the special redirect-tag to your RSS 2.0 feed on WordPress.
The namespace is: xmlns:itunes=”http://www.itunes.com/dtds/podcast-1.0.dtd”
The redirect-tag is: <itunes:new-feed-url> [your new feed url] </itunes:new-feed-url>
Please read the FAQ for more information.
Please checkout my other WordPress plugins at WP-Buddy.com
- How do I install the plugin?
Please follow the steps on the “Installation” Page
- How can I stop redirection?
Just deactivate the plugin or remove the redirection url from the “New Feed URL”-field
- My feed will not be redirected, what should I do?
It may take a while till iTunes picks up your new feed and changes the url to the new one.
- I’m getting an error on my feed or Feedburner says that there is an error
Please check your feed with the W3C Feed Validator (http://validator.w3.org/feed/). If there is an error, you maybe activate or deactivate the namespace.
If you activate the namespace please make sure that it’s not already added to the feed from another podcast plugin. Double-Adding the namespace will cause the error.
The error will also appear when you’re using the redirection plugin without a namespace. In this case check your feed with the W3C Feed Validator mentioned above and test what works for you.
and I like it 😉
- Allow translators to translate the plugin via translate.wordpress.org
- Fix an issue where the URL to the feed was wrongly sent to the Feed validator
- Updated some german translations
- Some language updates
- Made the plugin compatible with WP 3.8
- Possibility to add the namespace to the RSS 2.0 feed of WordPress
- Possibility to add a special iTunes-Tag to the RSS 2.0 feed of WordPress for redirection reasons