If you are using standard version of WordPress tag cloud widget, you may feel boring or dislike its look-and-feel. This ’rounded tag cloud’ widget offers different look-and-feel. Technically it uses the same function with the standard tag cloud widget. It only formats the look of tags so that it has different background and rounded corner. It also doesn’t differentiate the font-size of tags, all tags have the same font-size that can be set from admin options screen.
The rounded corner effect is achieved using CSS attribute. As you might already know, currently no standard CSS attribute to achieve the rounded corner behavior. There are at least three different attributes, used by different browsers to achive the rounded corner effect: border-radius, -moz-border-radius, and -webkit-border-radius. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari browser understands one of them. However, Internet Explorer ignores those attributes. So, in Internet Explorer, the shape of the tag backround in this widget is not round, but square.
In the Appearance -> Widgets in WordPress 2.8 or newer you’ll find the Rounded Tag Cloud widget. After adding it to your sidebar you can enter a title for the Widget, and all settings required for this widget to work properly.
- Upload the ’rounded-tag-cloud’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Appearance -> Widget -> Rounded Tag Cloud, drag and drop it to sidebar area, and start entering your info.
- Deactivate Rounded Tag Cloud in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- After Deactivation a ‘Delete’ link appears below the plugin name, follow the link and confim with ‘Yes, Delete these files’.
- This will delete all the plugin files from the server as well as erasing all options the plugin has stored in the database.
Please visit Rounded Tag Cloud’ Comments for questions and answers.
Contributors & Developers
“Rounded Tag Cloud” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Version 1.0 – 1 July 2009
- Initial Release