Works similar to the WordPress 3.x header image but instead allows you to place in your theme a set of header images that rotate using
either a sliding effect or a crossfade effect.
To use this plugin you need to add a function in your theme and possibly add some additional CSS.
Here is an example of how we use it for many of our client websites.
Where #splash is a fallback to the built in WordPress theme “custom header” feature
The block of code we would either put into a custom home page template or wrap in a call to is_front_page.
- Easily configure home page graphics
- Change dynamic graphic order via drag and drop
- Change link text and add custom HTML
- Upload and crop graphics using a fixed aspect ratio
Contributors & Developers
“Rotating Header” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add admin interface for changing effect between slider and crossfade
- Change interface only rotating_header_draw should be called no more scripts
- IE 8 and below need to have the hidden panels use visibility: hidden
- Remove short tags
- Work on making this a releasable plugin
- Add support for cross fade – requires manual configuration
- Initial release, support sliding