Rosetta renamed to Stella! Check out last version at https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stella-free/
Rosetta plugin for WordPress is designed to give the user a simple and effective way to build a multi-language website.
It makes it possible to easily produce and manage multilingual content.
This free version of Rosetta plugin has some limitations.
Here is a quick overview of free version features:
- Multi-language from the box – everything required already included
- Quick and simple configuration.
- Host versatility – use pre-configured host names or form automatic URLs.
- Multilingual post content editing via tabs in post edit WordPress section
- Website title, description and menu localization
- Language switching widget
- Plugin localization support
Learn more about full version on
Upload plugin to your WordPress site the way you are accustomed to. The simplest way is to upload plugin via WordPress admin panel (Plugins -> Add new -> Upload).
After successfull upload, check folder access rights. It should allow user and your wordpress group (www-data by default) to access plugin folder files (chmod 664 on Linux and MacOS systems )
Activate plugin via (Plugins -> Installed plugins -> Rosetta plugin -> Activate).
After plugin activation, you will need to configure the plugin for correct work. You must have admin rights to configure plugin. Open Settings -> Rosetta language.
This is a plugin options page. Here you must select languages that you are waте to support. After language selection you should specify URL forming options.
You can use auto-generated URLs or configure host names for multiple languages via your provider service. Either way will work, so it’s up to you which way to choose. This option is selected via “use hosts” checkbox. If it is selected, you must define pre-arranged host names. With this option unchecked, plugin will form URLs automatically like http://yoursite.com/language/post_name
That’s all – plugin is installed and ready to go.
Currently plugin is translated to two languages – Russian and English.
That’s all – we hope that you’ll like our plugin. Suggestions, questions and other feedback are welcomed. Email: email@example.com
- Can I use host names for multiple languages?
Yes, you can.
- What do I get with the full version?
- Post tags and categories localization
- Post featured images localization
- Custom metabox localization
- Admin bar language switching
- Multi-website support
- “Transfer default language content” switcher
For any questions mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributors & Developers
“Rosetta plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors