A simple ‘I like this’ plugin inspired by the facebook ‘like’ functionality. For visitors who don’t want to bother with commenting.
- Upload the files into a folder named
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
<?php printLikes(get_the_ID()); ?>in ‘the loop’ of your posts wherever you want the ‘like this’ link to appear.
- How can I make the ‘like this’ link look prettier?
You can use CSS.
– LikeThis links have the class
– Links that have been liked also have the class
Contributors & Developers
“Like This” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- The very first version of this plugin 🙂
- Made a small change for those of you installing directly from wordpress.org. This changes the default directory from
roses-like-thisin order to coincide with what wordpress will install. Should lead to less confusion!
- Major bug fix! 🙂 Anyone having an issue where the likeThis link clicking wasn’t saving in the database should find it fixed.
- Bug Fix for those having issues with cookies not being saved correctly.
- Added sidebar widget for displaying most liked posts
- Add plugin option section for customizing the like this text
- Add likes column to post management list
- Code Cleanup
- Bug fix: Don’t allow likes go into the negatives
- Bug fix: Cookie bug fix