Makes Your Web-Site/Blog VERY VIRAL!
Add a highlighter pen to your blog: anyone can then make ‘highlights on any part of your page’ and easily post them to any Social Networking & Bookmarking site (Facebook, Twitter, LinkdIn, Digg, etc.) Each post auto includes a tiny URL linking other readers back to your highlighted page.)
- No Signup needed by anyone.
- No Download needed by anyone.
- FREE (and fast!) NO FINE PRINT.
Highlight as you surf and directly post highlights to your website. Ever blogged about something you read online? Shared a link? Or, linked to another webpage? Now automatically embed/quote a part of that page – easily. No need to “join”, or pay, NO FINE PRINT đź™‚
Totally customize the look/feel. Very, very COOL
To Try it:
- On this page itself, or on any other webpage, simply type rooh.it/ before the URL address (e.g. rooh.it/google.com) and your mouse cursor instantly changes into a highlighter pen. We recommend you add a button so that you won’t have to type each time you want to highlight.
- Select any text and watch it instantly get highlighted in color!
- Mouseover any highlight to post it to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or any social network – along with a customizable auto-generated tinyURL – for others to link back to the same highlighted page. (Yes, it works instantly for everyone! Try it!)
- You can make Comments, add Tags, keep it Private, and much more..
- Upload the
roohit-pluginfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click the ROOH.IT link to personalize components.
For your computer:
Simply drag and drop this Highlight It! link onto your browser’s Favorites Bar and have instant access to the Rooh.it highlighter. Highlight, save, and share any page automatically.
[Learn more] (http://roohit.com/site/buttons.php)
- What if I only want to display the highlighter?
Go to Settings, then the
ROOH.ITpage on your installation to disable the AutoPublish widget.
- Can I change the graphics?
Yes. Go to Settings, then
Instant Highlighterpage and pick from a large selection of highlighters. You can use an icon, or a small/large pen – whatever you like!
- Can I customize the AutoPublish widget to match the look and feel of my website?
Yes. Go to Settings, then
Sidebar Penpage. Pick the colors, animation speed, size etc. to suit your liking.
- Does Rooh.it support any other platforms besides WordPress?
You can add a highlighter to any webpage: on your blog, on your website, in your forums postings, in your classifieds listings, on your Profile Page, in comments you make on the Internet. Rooh.it is supported virtually everywhere!
Just create a link to http://go.rooh.it
- I’m getting a “plugin does not have a valid header” error. What do I do?
This error is caused by WordPress when running an automated install. To get rid of the error, simply “Activate” the plugin from the “Plugins” menu.
Contributors & Developers
“Rooh.it Instant Highlighter: Save and Share `parts` of web-pages” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Cleaned up presentation of plugin personalization
Changed labeling and language to improve user experience.
Added mouse over “Example Screenshots”
Added tabbed navigation across the 3 components: Highlighter, stream of My Highlights, and Sidebar Pen.
Renamed the attributions and associated links.
More changes should be forthcoming wrt x-browser CSS issues and AutoPublisher.
Will also automatically create a new user for any brand new site-owner.
Added images for easier Personalization to main Settings Page
Renamed “Vertical Highlighter” to “Sidebar Pen”
Added menu items on each of the 3 settings pages to link back to the other two.
Moved location of “Save Height/Width” button for AutoPublisher
Changed default highlighter graphic
Removed transparent blanket as a default
Changed title of Widget
Changed labeling etc. to make things more user friendly
Display highlights made by visitors on your blog/website in “My Own Site” tab
Made the default AutoTweeter be enabled and just an icon, and by default don’t show hoverBox.
Changed Bug Report to be mail link.
Added link for users to Donate
Added Settings link for main plugins page.
Disabled Tweet Highlights by default.
Removed displaying of horizontal non-pen button.
More screenshots added.
Fixed the hover box color selection/saving bug.
Fixed the “The plugin does not have a valid header” error.
Brand new Toolbar released!