There's no easy way to add meta robots tags to WordPress pages, unless of course, when you install this plugin.
This plugin makes it possible (and very easy) to:
- Prevent indexing of your search result pages, while still allowing the search engines to follow the links on them, by adding noindex,follow robots meta tags.
- Disallow indexing of subpages to your homepage, category pages, author pages and tag pages, to prevent duplicate content.
- Prevent indexing of your login, register and admin pages by adding noindex robots meta tags.
- Add noodp an noydir meta robots tags, allowing you to opt out of DMOZ and Yahoo! Directory descriptions.
- Prevent Yahoo! and Google from indexing your feeds by adding a meta tag to their head-section.
- Prevent indexing of just your comment feeds.
- Disable author and date-based archives.
- Prevent attachment pages from ranking in the search results over your articles.
- Enforce a trailing slash on archives.
- Edit your .htaccess and your robots.txt from within WordPress.
- Assign robots meta tags to individual posts & pages.
- Verify your site with Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo! Site Explorer and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Add noarchive tags to your blog (Thanks to Henryk Gerlach).