The “meta revised tag” is used to tell Search Engine Bots (Google, Yahoo!, Bing etc.) the Last Modified Date and Time of any Webpage in which you have made certain changes.
Web crawlers can then decide, whether there’s any need to save a new copy of the webpage OR update their indexes?
Example of a Meta revised tag:
<meta name="revised" content="Sunday, April 21, 2013, 2:59 am" />
With the help of this plugin, you can very easily implement “meta revised tag” in your WordPress Post and Pages. More details on meta revised tag.
- Allows you to add revised date meta tag in your posts and pages either together or separately.
- Provides you with options to display the last modified / last updated date above or below your posts and pages. You can also choose from four different date formats and the position of the timestamp in WordPress Posts and Pages which can be either above or below.
- Allows you to customize the text which is to be displayed alongside the last modified date (i.e. “Last updated on:” in place of “Last modified:”)
If you find this plugin useful, please provide your feedback by Rating this Plugin and by Voting in Compatibility on WordPress.
- What is meta ‘revised’ tag?
The “meta revised tag” is used to tell the last modified date & time of a webpage to various web crawlers (Google, Yahoo!, Bing etc.). Find more information on this meta tag here
- Where the meta revised tag is inserted by the plugin?
The plugin inserts the meta revised tag in the <head> section of your posts and/or pages.
- I don’t want to show revised meta on archive pages (index, category, tags etc.) and Homepage. What should I do?
By default, the plugin is already optimized to show the revised meta tag only on posts and pages, and you can opt-in and out anytime to show the tag in them as well. So, you need not to worry about the Homepage and various WordPress Archive Pages.
- The Date and Time inserted by this plugin is dependent on what?
The plugin make use of your WordPress Date, Time and Time zone (Dashboard > Settings > General). Double check your Date, Time and Time zone before activating this plugin. The idle time for telling the Last Modified time to Search Engines will be UTC.
great little plugin that surprisingly still works even though it hasn't been updated for a long time
- Plugin launched
- Typos fixed
- Added support link