Provides a shortcode for use by reviewers.
Generates a box, for use in a post or page, with a section for Pros, a section for Cons, and a review bar.
The review bar is generated through CSS, and so the plugin contains NO images.
This plugin generates a simple shortcode to use.
That shortcode is
[review pros="" cons="" score=]
The paramiters are required for proper output.
They are as follows
* pros: Anything you find good about the item being reviewed. Typically a comma seperated list
* cons: Anything bad about the product at hand. A comma seperated list as well
* score: This MUST be a number. There can be nothing following it, nor anything before it. A good example of the way to fill it out would be
score=45 for an item that scored 45%
You can also provide the following optional paramiters, for your useage
* verdict: The final verdict for the item being reveiwed
* title: The title of the review box, defaults to review. Set it to
to hide the title. You CAN enter shortcodes and html for custom links.
- Upload the
review-boxdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In a post, place
[review pros="list of pros" cons="list of cons" score=75]where you would like the box to appear
You can optionally add custom titles and verdicts.
Custom titles are defined using the
title= property, ex
title='Custom. If you do not want to display the title box at all, set
For the verdict box, add
verdict='final verdict'. This is optional as well
- Do i have to fill out all 3 properties
No, but it is reccomended. If you do not fill them out, they will have a default value.
The default values are fairly amusing.
If you do not fill out the score value, the plugin will default to 100
- What format should the score value be in
The score should be an integer between 0 and 100. It will ultimately come out as a percentage.
The score does not need a % sign following it. Adding one will make the sky fall on your head
- The score gets messed up! Help
This is probably because you added a % (percent) sign to the end of the
score property. All you need to input is a number
Contributors & Developers
“Review Box” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- No longer uses percents to format width. Width is controlled
programattically. To change, adjust variable
$widthin the plugin file.
- Added title and verdict options. If title is set to none, no title is
- Changed structure of plugin, now has a cleaner return
- Tweaked CSS, added text shadows
- Updated to work with 2.8.*
- Fixed Css width, now renders at proper size
- Added border to deliniate total section.
- Fixed stupid commit bug
- Fixed CSS loading bug.
- Added screenshot
- Created plugin