Works with WP 3.4+! Reverberation is the first plugin to integrate ReverbNation’s HTML5 widgets with WordPress. Using powerful shortcodes — either by-hand or via the dedicated visual editor button — you can quickly embed any of ReverbNation’s HTML5 widgets in your posts, pages, or PHP templates.
- Upload the wcjcs-reverberation folder into your plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- See full documentation at here.
- Which widgets can I create with Reverberation?
- Latest Song This widget always plays the artist’s most recent song.
- Single Song This widget plays a single song by a given artist.
- All Songs This widget will play all of a given artist’s songs.
- Playlist This widget will play a predefined playlist that was created at ReverbNation.
- Show Schedule This widget will display an artist’s show schedule, interactive map, etc.
- Fan Collector This widget will collect email addresses for a ReverbNation mailing list.
- Where can I find the plugin documentation?
- How do I use the plugin to embed ReverNation’s Flash-based widgets?
This plugin only supports the HTML5 widgets, so there’s no option to create Flash-based widgets on-board.
- Are there any plans to include the Flash-based widgets in the future?
No, sorry; the goal is to stick with the HTML5 widgets only. The code can be adapted, though, if you have the the motivation.
- How do I make a music widget autoplay?
ReverbNation has not made this option available at this time.
- How many widgets can I place on a given page?
There is no limit to how many widgets you can place on a page.
- I can’t change the height of the “newmusic” widgets, help!
ReverbNation does not actually offer a widget that automatically refreshes with only the artist’s
latest single; this is an illusion created by the Reverberation plugin. It does indeed create
the artist’s full playlist — just like an allsongs widget would do — but it’s
only tall enough to show the first song. Obviously, if the height is adjusted, the illusion is
broken. For this reason, the height attribute was disabled for this widget.
- Does this plugin work on WP.com sites?
No, sorry. Here’s a metaphor to help put it in perspective. Think of WordPress like a cool, new bike and think of those who run the .com site like your parents. Now, think of this plugin like a big ol’ jump that you want to take your bike over. Sounds fun, right!? Thing is, your parents have put training wheels on your bike, so you’ll only be able to watch at the sidelines for now. Ok, not a perfect metaphor, but I think it communicates the idea. Again, sorry for this, but I’m powerless to help you out in this case.
- Is there any support for WP.com sites coming in the future?
There’s been RN plugins for several years and none of them got in, so there’s no reason to expect this one will be any different. There was a time when you could make a request for plugin inclusion on the WP.com site, but they’ve (at least as of this writing) blocked off their contact form from everyone who is not a paid member.
Contributors & Developers
“Reverberation” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release.