It is totally free, very light-weight, fast, easy to use and versatile.
This plugin is translation ready (pot file included) and translated to spanish. Translations to other languages are welcome.
- The “Show title” option allows you to show or hide the widget title in the frontend.
- As the core text widget, you can format the content with the “Add paragraphs automatically” option.
- Also you can enter any shortcode that you normally use in your posts or pages.
- Activate the “Evaluate content with PHP” option to enable the PHP interpreter.
- Show or hide the widget by template options: show in front page, blog page, posts, pages, archive, search and error pages.
- Use the “Exclude posts or pages” option to hide the widget in certain posts or pages, when show in post and/or in pages are activated.
To insert PHP code
PHP code must be correct and used within the open and close PHP tags:
Note that any PHP code is executed in the scope of a PHP function, but you can do almost everything that you can do with PHP. So only administrators with PHP knowledges must use this feature.
This plugin uses the native PHP
eval()function with the error control operator
@, to prevent error messages and broken pages. So if you don’t see your PHP output it is probably because your code have mistakes.
And don’t forget to activate the “Evaluate with PHP” option, that is disabled by default.
- Download “reve-dynamic-widget” to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and insert it in any sidebar of your theme.
Contributors & Developers
“Reve Dynamic Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added the Show in front page filter.
- Added version control.
- Tested with WordPress 5.6.
- Fixed a bug when used with Elementor Page Builder.
- Improved options validation.
- 2017-04-26: Initial release.