Retweet Anywhere for WordPress is a nice and easy way to allow your readers to instantly retweet your blog posts through their Twitter accounts. It uses the slick Twitter @Anywhere bundle which works through OAuth and never requires your readers to input their Twitter names or passwords.
The plugin is customizable, URLs could be shortened through bit.ly, the retweet format is defined by the blog administrator. Visitors can modify the tweet text before actually sending it to Twitter, allowing them to add hashtags or addressing somebody in particular.
- Easy to install
- Customizable message format
- Shortcodes or manual PHP integration
- Bit.ly shortened links
- Customize Facebox, fading background, etc, super fancy!
- Includes an awesome customizable retweet widget!
- Implement the RT button in your text widgets
- Supports Goo.gl URL Shortening
- On-going development
- Literally anywhere!
YES, I do consider feature requests, and that is what makes this plugin work. The discussions go here: Retweet Anywhere
- Upload archive contents to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure your settings
Please refer to this FAQ for a detailed list of Q&A.
Contributors & Developers
“Retweet Anywhere” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Adding support for native short links
- Adding support for Goo.gl short links (via native)
- Minor bug fixes
- You can now use your own custom URL shortener
- Some minor bugfixes with bit.ly
- Settings screen bugs fixed
- Added the ability to change the tweetbox title via Settings or shortcode