A quick adaptation of the theme restriction code for plugins. Can only restrict on a site-wide basis, though it will only affect those sites on which it’s activated. Does not restrict super admins. Plugins must be active on the main site to be controlled by this plugin (this is an issue with WordPress’ plugin structure).
See also: Restrict Multisite Widgets
- Network Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu OR Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu of every WordPress site you wish to restrict
- Select plugins to make available under the ‘Restrictions’ section in the ‘Plugins’ menu in the Network Admin or the ‘Plugins’ section in the ‘Super Admin’ menu
- Can I enable plugins only for individual sites?
No. You can as a Network Admin however activate plugins for individual sites without restrictions.
- Will this plugin affect plugins already activated by site admins?
No. This plugin only prevents changes to the state of plugins and hides them from Admins. You will need to deactivate any plugins manually.
Contributors & Developers
“Restrict Multisite Plugins” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Activation state check for menus to support single blog activation
- Changed class loading to admin-only
- Standardised capability used to ‘manage_network_plugins’
- Added support for Network Admin
- Moved page to Network Admin -> Plugins -> Restrictions under WordPress 3.1 and higher
- Hid Network plugins
- Changed plugin class to static callbacks
- First public release