WordPress 3.5 introduced a new feature – when images are inserted into posts, the title attribute is not included in the image tag. This was done with the best of intentions relating to accessibility, as documented on Trac
Unfortunately, this causes problems for some Lightbox plugins, quite apart from stopping image tooltips from appearing.
This plugin hooks into the media_send_to_editor filter and inserts the image title into the html inserted into the post.
- Upload the restore-image-title folder into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Does it do anything else?
This is the right plugin to add img titles to a picture in lightboxes or post previews and get a boost in SEO.
Unfortunately on my website blackjack-winner.de there are no img-titles after activating the plugin. What can I do?
Wish I had found this sooner – certainly does the job.
Fonctionne du premier coup il y a même pas de config à faire.
Thank you very much perfect
Contributors & Developers
“Restore Image Title” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release
- Checks for existence of title attribute before adding anything. Filters title with esc_attr() to avoid any markup in the title breaking the img tag.
- Now adds titles to gallery thumbnails, which also works for at least some lightbox plugins. Thanks to photoMaldives for posting code and OC2PS for prompting me to update the plugin.