Attention: responsive.io has been discontinued and this plugin is no longer maintained. See The future of responsive-io.
Responsive.io is a service that optimizes and delivers perfect images for every screen.
We automatically pull images from your website, resize and optimize them for your visitors to speed up load time.
- Images are automatically resized to fit any device.
- Our global CDN delivers your images in milliseconds.
- Retina support. High quality images for high density screens.
- We use WebP, progressive JPG and clever optimizations to make your images smaller.
- Our servers cache your images so they are ready to be served in all sizes.
- No watermarks, no user-agent sniffing, no cookies, no extra HTTP requests. No bullshit.
Register your domain for a free trial at http://responsive.io.
This plugin supports the GitHub Updater plugin, so if you install that, this plugin becomes automatically updateable direct from GitHub. Any submission to WP.org repo will make this redundant.
- How does it work?
It relies on WordPress “the_content” filter to change the images before handing over the output to the browser.
- Bug fix: Skipping GIFs as the service does not support that yet.
- Bug fix: Using SmartDomDocument to avoid encoding issues.
- Bug fix: removing acf filter to avoid charset conflicts.
- Adding fallback script check. The fallback script will added to the queue and load in case the CDN fails.
- Bug fix version. Making sure the scripts loads at the footer.
- Bug fix version. Lower the priority to further avoid other filters conflicts.
- Initial version. Changes images and check for [caption] to avoid conflicts.