RVM ( Responsive Vector Maps ) allows you to create responsive vector maps for your WordPress site.
Vector maps have the advantage to not loose quality when reducing or increasing their sizes. Using RVM you will not need to create static images for area map tags.
You can use maps in sidebars as widgets or just in the post content using shortcodes.
- Responsive: maps will adapt their width to any device
- Cross-browser compatibility using ( yes, works even on IE7 - use SVG / RVML )
- High quality image: vector maps never loose quality
- Many default maps available: France ( regions ), Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Europe, USA, Belgium and whole World ( with clickable countries ).
- Dozens of downloadable maps from responsivemapsplugin.com
- Chance to install dynamic maps with all kind of svg ( not only geographical maps ! )
- Mouseover tooltip effect
- Subdivisions ( Country, Regions, Provinces, Districts etc...): customise background colours, links and html popup ( tooltip )
- Markers: add your linkable markers on the map using latitude and longitude. Chance to have html popup, dimension ( marker radius ) and min/max radius dimension scale
- Customisable look and feel
- Preview functionality: WYSAWYG while creating/editing your map
- Shortcodes: use generated shortcodes in your posts
- Widget: maps can be used in widget area too
- Zoom capabilities
- Width: a specific width can be set while creating/editing your map or adding width parameter to the shortcode