Responsive Google+ Comments –
“Responsive Google+ Comments Widget” is a fully customisable googleplus comments plugin for wordpress.
On installing, it will replace the default wordpress commenting system with Responsive Google+ Comments. You can configure the plugin to set the width or to show comments only if the viewer chooses to. It also makes Googleplus Comments responsive-ready.
- Configurable comment width.
- Responsive-ready with dynamic width option. The normal Googleplus Comment widget maintains a fixed width on loading even in smaller screens leading to overflow. The dynamic width option fixes that.
- Option to retain and show older comments.
- Choose whether to display all comments by default or with a “Show Comments” link.
- It is FREE!!!
Additional Info –
- For any issues, please mail to email@example.com
- Plugin page : http://responsivecodes.com/plugins/responsive-google-comments-widget/
- Download googlepluscomment.zip and unzip
- Upload the unzipped googlepluscomment folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Comments’ menu in WordPress, choose “Google+ Comment” and configure it as per your site.
- Why do we have both “Width” and “Dynamic Width” options.
For non-responsive sites where width is fixed, you can set the width to the width of your comments container. For responsive sites, the width will vary depending on the screen. In this case use the “Dynamic Width” option which will calculate the width and add a plugin with that width. It will work fine if you use “Dynamic Width” for a non-responsive site, but with the fixed with, an extra calculation can be avoided.
- When will the option to set the default number of comments to show be available?
Unfortunately, Google has not yet made this feature available in the commenting system. It will be made available in the plugin as soon as Google releases the feature.
Contributors & Developers
“Responsive Google+ Comment” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors