Tired of uncategorized posts? Use this simple plugin to require users to choose a post category before saving a draft, updating a post, or publishing a post. This applies to normal posts and is not compatible with custom write panels or custom post types without modification.
- French (fr_FR) – Dominique V.
- Spanish (es_ES) – Andrew Kurtis – WebHostingHub
- Polish (pl_PL) – Michał Papliński
- Extract the
require-post-categoryfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the admin interface
- Are there any settings I can adjust?
Nope, just install and activate, that’s it!
- Have a question that is not addressed here?
Visit this plugin’s WordPress support forum at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/require-post-category
Works great. Does exactly what I want. thanks
Very useful plugin.
It does exactly what its name says.
Excellent support from plugin author Josh.
This plugin is fantastic, and I was very easily able to customize it to work with my custom post types and custom taxonomies. Great work, thanks!
It does just what the description says and is easily modified for use with custom post types.
Contributors & Developers
“Require Post Category” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added French (fr_FR) translation by Dominique V.
- Added Polish (pl_PL) translation by Michał P.
- Added Spanish (es_ES) translation by Andrew K.
- Added i18n support
- Updated for WordPress 3.6
- FIXED: Disabled script when adding/editing pages
- First stable release