** WARNING: DON’T USE THIS PLUGIN IF YOUR PERMALINKS INCLUDE DATES **
The Republish Old Posts plugin helps revive old posts by resetting the publish date to the current date. This will push old posts to your front page, the top of archive pages, and back into RSS feeds. Ideal for sites with a large repository of evergreen content.
Why would you want to do this? Here are a few reasons:
- New visitors to your site haven’t seen your old content. This will help them discover it.
- Old content won’t show up in date-based searches on search engines, but resetting the date can make them look fresh again.
- People like to share and link to new content and they determine that by looking at the publication date.
A pro version (less than $10) with many additional options (see screenshots) for controlling when and what posts are republished.
- Are posts duplicated?
No. The date on posts is updated to the current date making a post appear new. URLs don’t change and comments continue to display with the post.
- Doesn’t changing the timestamp affect permalinks that include dates?
Yes permalinks with dates would be affected. This plugin shouldn’t be used if your permalinks include dates since those dates will change when a post is republished.
- I like this plugin, do you have others?
- Does this work with WPMU?
Yes it does.
I sure do! My complete collection includes:
Real-Time Find and Replace
Set up find and replace rules that are executed AFTER a page is generated by WordPress, but BEFORE it is sent to a user’s browser.
RSS Includes Pages
Modifies RSS feeds so that they include pages and not just posts.
Republish Old Posts
Republish old posts automatically by resetting the date to the current date. Puts your evergreen posts in front of your users via the front page and feeds.
Enhanced Plugin Admin
At-a-glance info (last update date, rating, votes) on your site’s plugin page about the plugins you have installed (both active and inactive). Easily spot potential problems due to plugins no longer being supported or that have received low ratings.
Add Any Extension to Pages
Add any extension of your choosing (e.g. .html, .htm, .jsp, .aspx, .cfm) to WordPress pages. Change it anytime.
Social Media E-Mail Alerts
Receive e-mail alerts when your site gets traffic from social media sites of your choosing. You can also set up alerts for when certain parameters appear in URLs.
Advanced Page Manager
A new way to create, move, edit and publish your pages for your favorite CMS.
Improved Include Page
This plugin allows you to include the content of a page in a template file or a post/page (via a shortcode) with several options.
This plugin has at last given me the way to re-post content that even I had forgotten about. I not longer need to produce new content each day, and it keeps my blog looking fresh. I love it!
Hi Developer , I need the plugin to post the content with changing the post Id i.e post unique id as it is published genuinely and change the post id no.s . Else I need the post to be re-published as fresh article by taking up same as content and seo values from the old post and publish it as new post with post id .
- All Versions: Fixed issue where posts wouldn’t be republished when plugin first installed.
- All Versions: Fixed time zone issue that sometimes resulted in republished posts having a future time.
- Pro version: Added random interval of 0 for better control over publishing time.
- Pro version: Added age values of 6 and 12 hours to allow for new posts to be republished.
- Pro version: Changed behavior of phrase matching filter. Now examines post title and not the post content.
- Pro version: Can now specify posts to republish by a word that they contain e.g. if set to “word” only posts containing word, keyword, words, or other similar matches will be considered for republishing.
- Pro version: Added options for republishing posts that are just 1 day, 1 week, or 2 weeks old.
- Pro version: Can now choose to republish a random old post rather than the oldest post.
- Pro version: Added 5 minute minimum interval option.
- Pro version: Added 5, 15, and 30 minute randomness interval options.
- Free version: Bug fix to SQL.
- All versions: Code cleanup. Conforming with WordPress coding standards.
- All versions: Tweaks to admin interface.
- Pro version: Added an option to force a post to be republished when it is the oldest post of those that otherwise match the criteria you specified.
- All versions: Forcing SVN refresh as last commit doesn’t seem to have worked.
- All versions: Tweaks to documentation including the readme.txt.
- All versions: Revised admin interface to provide more instruction and supporting information.
- Pro version: Added ability to filter out any posts of your choosing so that they are never republished. This provides more fine-grained control than just selecting a category.
- Pro version: Additional minimum intervals added: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 days, 3 days, and 7 days.
- Pro version: Additional randomness intervals added: 12 hours and 24 hours.
- Pro version: Additional post age options added: 120 days, 240 days, 365 days, 730 days.
- Initial release of fork of now defunct and unavailable Old Post Promoter plugin.
- Removed link injection from original plugin i.e. this plugin will not insert any links.
- Removed Twitter functionality from original plugin. This plugin does one and only one thing: republish old posts.
- A number of bugs fixed so running with “debug messages on” shouldn’t result in any messages.