Make XML-RPC work if you rename the file. Some hosts block access to xmlrpc.php file making it impossible to use
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upgrade the filename of the XML-RPC Endpoint in
rename-xml-rpc.php(sorry there is not an option page yet!)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- There is no step 4
I am having issues with the rename xmlrpc plugin.
Was able to get it to work but when I log in from my app, it doesn’t refresh and was also unable to make a post.
Anyway round this? Or is it from my own end?
My host provider blocks xmlrpc.php but I can solve this problem.
Works with WP 4.5.3
My host blocks xmlrpc but with this plugin I can use the WP iOS app again!
1. rename xmlrpc.php to xmlrpc2.php
2. activate plugin
1. rename xmlrpc.php to whatever.php
2. edit plugin source code to change the default xmlrpc2 filename to whatever
3. activate plugin
Contributors & Developers
“Rename XMLRPC” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Fix the RSD document link by using the renamed filepath