This plugin removes the Link URL that is enabled by default when images are uploaded to your WordPress blog. This helps prevent accidentally linking to images. A screenshots is available to help clarify where this affects WordPress.
- This plugin removes links for image files ending with the following extensions: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .bmp, .tiff, .tif
- Files with other extensions – such as PDF files – will continue to work normally
- If you have existing posts and want to remove the links from images: WordPress actually stores the links as part of the post content, so removing the links would either require looping through the posts and running a regular expression, or perhaps cheating with jQuery and removing links after the post is rendered. In short, this plugin helps remove links from images that your users post from now on, but doesn’t touch your existing posts 🙂
- Download the remove-link-url.zip file to your computer.
- Unzip the file.
- Upload the
remove-link-urldirectory to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
That’s it. At this time there is no configuration menu for this plugin.
- WordPress 2.5 or above
Contributors & Developers
“Remove Link URL” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.0 – Initial Release
- Tested and working for up to WordPress 3.4 alpha