On posts where comments are closed, the plugin will remove the text ‘Comments are closed.’ The plugin supports any languages/text domain, and will remove the text from themes and plugins.
View the plugin source code at the plugin home page
- Upload the files to wp-content/plugins/webputty/
- Activate the plugin
- On your WordPress blog, open the Dashboard
- Go to Plugins->Install New
- Search for “remove comments are closed”
- Click on install to install the plugin
The PlugIn is great. If you are having problems, read on the homepage of the author.
You may have to change the text in the plugin php file to make it work but that is very simple.
It will work for you, BUT READ THE COMMENTS ON THE AUTHORS PLUGIN HOMEPAGE!
This plugin worked for my website and removed the ‘Comments are Closed” which appeared on every page at the bottom.
I spent way too many hours reading way too many forum suggestions on how to remove “Comments are closed,” but this is the FIRST ONE THAT ACTUALLY WORKED!! You are a friend for life!! 🙂 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
Contributors & Developers
“Remove "Comments are closed"” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested & found compatible with WP 4.7.
- Tested & found compatible with WP 4.6.
- Update plugin for WordPress Coding Standards.
- Tested & found compatible with WP 4.5.
- Tested with 4.3
- Tested with 3.9, bumped version number
- removed unnecessary code.
- initial public release