A simple ‘related posts’ plugin that lets you select related posts manually. Supports any post types in WordPress, including custom ones.
- Add related posts to your blog posts, pages etc.
- Choose from posts, pages or custom post types.
- Re-order related posts via drag and drop.
- Lightweight in code and database-requests.
- Includes Widget that shows the related posts.
- List of posts can also be added to the content of your post.
- Custom markup possible, build your own caroussel or anything you fancy.
- Support for multilanguage plugins, like WPML and Qtranslate-X.
- Duplicate plugin Related (Doubled Up) is included to build a second list.
The plugin was written to have the option to add related posts to each blog post using a simple but functional plugin. You can select the related posts yourself manually.
To display the related posts, there are three options:
- You can use the widget that is included.
- Use the content filter inside the settings.
- Add PHP code to your template, see the installation docs.
For advanced options, see the installation docs.
- Who should use this plugin?
People who want to list ‘related posts’ in their blog posts or pages, and want to choose the related posts manually themselves.
- Where does the plugin store its data?
Data is stored in the existing postmeta table in the WordPress database. No additional tables are created.
- How many related posts can I add?
As many as you like, there’s no limit.
- I have many posts, how can I deal with that in the best way?
There are 2 things that are done or possible.
Also, you can select on the Options page to not list all post types. This will trim down the number of posts that are listed.
- When I delete the plugin, will it delete the related posts data?
All data remains in the database when the plugin files are deleted through the plugins page in WordPress.
So if you accidentally delete the plugin, or if you decide to install it again later, your data should still be there.
This is a great related post plugin because it does NOT auto-generate a list of related posts. Plugins that DO generate their own list: 1) Consume a lot of processing time, which slows down your site, which is not good for search engine rankings. 2) Many of them have been banned by managed hosting companies - eg: [link removed] because of the massive cpu usage. If you look down the page you will see 5 plugins banned... 3) Some people say that the auto generated list sometimes contains non-related posts....You can remove them manually but if you are going to do that, you may as well just ADD them manually as the Related plugin allows you to do PS Marcel maybe you want to ask wpengine to add your plugin to the accepted plugin list.....
- Fix compatibility for Qtranslate and Qtranslate-X.
- Don’t add it to the content twice in the RSS Feed.
- Add option for adding related posts to RSS Feed.
- Improve styling of headings on admin pages.
- Update Donate text.
- Make it possible to leave title for content filter empty.
- Add filter for that content title.
- Move many files into subdirs.
- Also test if post exists on admin side.
- Add option to chosen for better search: search_contains:true.
- Make optgroup label more informative.
- Fix some translations.
- Drop pot and nl_NL, they are maintained at GlotPress.
- Sort only hierarchical post_types on title (ASC), the rest on date (DESC).
- Only support WordPress 3.7+, since they really are supported.
- Use plugins_url() for enqueue.
- Change title of Widget.
- Update pot, nl_NL.
- Use h1 headings properly, including closing tag.
- Add fr_FR (thanks Vincent Clarisse).
- Use h1 header on admin page.
- Add option for content filter to show on all views.
- Update pot, nl_NL.
- Much simpler solution for WPML.
- Support WPML, only list the right posts in the metabox.
- Upgrade Chosen.js from 1.2.0 to 1.4.2.
- Add about tab on settingspage.
- Update pot and nl_NL.
- Use is_singular, and show the list on pages as well.
- Properly escape the title of the content filter.
- Add duplicate plugin Related (Doubled Up).
- Small cleanups in get_posts args.
- Update pot, nl_NL.
- Add indentation for hierarchical posts in dropdown.
- Add walker for that dropdown.
- Use get_posts instead of WP_Query.
- Use admin_enqueue_scripts function.
- Load admin scripts in footer.
- Add de_DE (Thanks Eckart Schmidt).
- Add fa_IR (Thanks Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh).
- Use our text-domain everywhere.
- Update pot and nl_NL
- Support Qtranslate-X plugin.
- Place settingspage in own php-file.
- Support attachments by showing posts with post_status ‘inherit’ as well.
- Only show the content filter on single posts, not on blog.
- Use chosen.js for easy select-boxes (thanks rembem).
- Use in_array instead of looping with foreach.
- Update nl_NL.
- Test if the metakey really holds values and avoid PHP Warnings
- Improved examples in Readme
- Add sr_RS Serbian Language (Borisa Djuraskovic)
- Compatibility with Qtranslate and MQtranslate
- Don’t show posts with status ‘trash’.
- Add option for content filter title
- sanitize values in update_option()
- Only show header if there are related posts (content filter)
- Show header above the related posts in content filter
- Remember tab after submit
- Better naming of variables
- Add a filter for the content, with an option to use it
- Option page now uses tabs
- Update nl_NL
- No need to add explicit support
- Rewrite save function, meta_key gets deleted correctly now
- Support Widget Customizer in 3.9
- Cleanup duplicate code
- Add settings link to main plugin page
- Also delete just added post
- Fix post update on wp_update_post()
- Update nl_NL
- Now includes a widget
- Move styling to stylesheet
- On blogs with many posts, split the select box in multiple select boxes
- Add options page:
- Only get shown on selected post types
- Only list selected post types to select as related post
- Add localisation
- Add nl_NL
- Only make an instance in the init function
- Don’t overwrite default post
- Switch from jquery.live to jquery.on, requires WP 3.3 at least
- Minor rewrites that may prevent interference with other plugins
- Bugfix: related posts are now correctly saved (deleted) when all related posts are removed from the current post
- Feature: all post types in WordPress are now supported (including custom ones)
- Improvement: select box now sorts posts by title and displays post type
- Improvement: current post is now excluded from the list of posts
- Improvement: data now remains stored in database when plugin is deleted, to avoid accidental loss of data
- Improvement: general code quality improvements
- Initial release. No known issues.