Register IP logs the new user’s signup IP in the database under wp_usermeta
with the key of signup_ip. You would be able to see it in WordPress by
logging into WordPress with an account that has access to the users menu.
You will be able to see the IP listed with each user and in their profile
when you go to edit it. For security purposes their IP is not displayed to
them when they see their profile. This plugin was made to assist those that
are tired of trying to match a IP up with the persons registered date so that
the administrator can block the IP from making more accounts or access the
site. Especially useful if you block a problematic person that spams
- Upload the
register-ipfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Why does some users say “No IP Recorded”?
This is because the user was registered before the plugin was installed and/or activated.
Contributors & Developers
“Register IP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Plugin Creation
- Added Functionality to record the IP address.
- Made the IP show up when you go to edit the user.
- Made a custom column to show the IP’s when listing the users.