Region detect is a plugin for WordPress that detects the country that the current visitor is browsing from.
It can display the country to the user; something like: Hello visitor from Spain! or display a flag of the country. The plugin also makes the ISO 3166-1 country code and country name avaliable to other plugins.
- Do I have to pay for the MaxMind database?
No, MaxMind offer a free version of the database. However the paid for version is more accurate.
- I am a wordpress developer and want to access the country code or name in my code. How do I do that?
Easy 🙂 Just declare the global variables $rdISO3166_1 or $rdCountryName in your code and away you go.
- Initial version
- Added option to set the country from the url
- Corrected bug with the cache clearing too quickly
- Added a table that shows countries and number of ip addresses that are cached
- Corrected spelling mistakes
- Removed debugging code
- Fixed installation bug which was causing a crash when installing
- Made plugin multisite compliant