This plugin provides an easy way to use the Reftagger Bible reference tagging script from Logos Bible Software. It automatically modifies your site to run the script each time a page loads. The script identifies references to Bible verses and turns the references into links to the verse on Biblia.com. Hovering over a link will display a small tooltip containing the text of the reference, so users don’t need to leave the page to view the verse. If desired, a small icon can also be inserted next to the reference. Clicking the icon will open the specified verse in Logos Bible Software, if available. The plugin provides a simple options page where you can customize the settings.
Customizable preferences include:
- Which Bible version to link to.
- Option to insert a Logos link after each reference.
- Option to insert a Logos icon after any Logos links you already have on your site.
- Choice of which icon to use if Logos links are enabled.
- Option to enable or disable hover tooltips.
- Option to work on existing Biblia.com and Ref.ly links.
- Option to work on Bible references that use improper casing (e.g., jn 3:16 or JOHN 3:16).
- Option to tag chapter references (e.g. Gen 1).
- Option to prevent searching user comments for references.
- Option to prevent searching specific HTML tags, such as bold, h1, ordered list, etc.
For more information, visit http://reftagger.com.
The plugin will begin working immediately when you activate it on the ‘Plugins’ page. If you wish to customize the preferences you can do so from ‘Settings’ > ‘Reftagger’. Any changes will take effect immediately after clicking ‘Save Changes’.
- How do I know if it’s working?
Any Bible references on your site will be displayed as links.
- The plugin is not working
- Check to make sure you have activated the plugin from the ‘Plugins’ page.
- If you use a different font for your Bible references, such as italic text, go to the options page at ‘Options’ > ‘Reference Tagger’ and make sure the script is allowed to search that kind of text.
- See http://reftagger.com for more FAQs
I love this Plugin. I have a Bible based website and this Plugin really helps to verify the verses that I am using. It even works in database tables and spreadsheet tables on WordPress.
It works perfect. I like that it has different Bible versions (I use it for Spanish), and also the style of how it shows the verse. It works perfect in mobile devices as well.