RedPen is a proofreading tool to help writers or programmers who write technical documents or manuals that need to adhere to a writing standard. This plugin integrates text validation provided by RedPen Server into the WordPress editor.
- Validates text with RedPen as you type
- Supports both Visual and Text WordPress editors
- Validation errors are marked in Visual editor in-place
- Validation error messages are also listed below and highlighted in the editor on click
- Autodetection of supported languages and variants (currently, English or Japanese)
- RedPen validators and symbols
can be configured directly in WordPress panel below the editor
- Configuration is stored for next visit with the same browser
By default, the plugin uses public RedPen installation at https://redpen.herokuapp.com/ for validation. See below if you want to use your own installation of RedPen Server.
- The plugin is available in WordPress Plugin Directory, so you can install it directly form there.
- Or you can download redpen.zip and upload it on the WordPress Plugins page. Alternatively, extract the zip file to WordPress subdirectory
- Activate the plugin in WordPress Admin console -> Plugins -> Installed plugins.
Using an own instance of RedPen Server
If you are uncomfortable sending your text for validation to an external server, you can use your own instance.
To use the plugin, you need to have RedPen Server v1.4.5 or newer. Please refer to RedPen Server documentation for more details on how to start it.
By default, local RedPen Server will respond at
http://localhost:8080/. Make sure that it is accessible from your client machine (browser), possibly opening its port (8080) on the firewall.
Then, go to WordPress Settings -> Writing and define a new RenPen Server URL.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“RedPen WordPress plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “RedPen WordPress plugin” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed js error on first usage of RedPen Plugin
- Add support for custom post types
- Add support for Multisite installation
- More secure proxy-less communication with RedPen Server (1.4.5 or newer)
- RedPen Server’s URL can be configured in WordPress Settings
- Added in-place highlighting and RedPen configuration
- Use public RedPen Server installation by default for ease of installation
- Initial version