This plugin provides a dashboard widget that lists recently edited content for quick access.
Options (per user settings):
- Number of items to show
- Excerpt length – number of words (0 = hide)
- Show only your edits
- What post types to show
- What post statuses to show
recently-edited-content-widgetfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to dashboard and see for yourself.
Could be easier to use if there was an external settings page, and the ability to split up the different categories into different widgets
Does exactly what it’s meant to do. Nice & sleek.
Improves my and my clients efficiency. A wonderful tool for large sites.
Contributors & Developers
“Recently Edited Content Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Verified compatibility with WordPress 4.4.
- Verified compatibility with WordPress 4.2.
- Grunt workflow updates.
- Added a search box with autocomplete and ajax search results.
- Updated which post types and statuses are checked by default. It will now show public post types by default.
- Minor style updates for configuration panel.
- Compatibility fixes for WordPress 3.0.
- Updated styles for WordPress versions older than 3.8.
- Updated layout and styles.
- Updated empty featured image box styles to use a color from the user’s admin color scheme.
- Updated styles.
- Began using Grunt and SASS/Compass.
- Added action links like what is on the edit posts screen.
- Fixed PHP warning when WP_DEBUG is true.
- Updated HTML input type number to have min and max attributes.
- Updated permissions check. The widget does not get added with
wp_add_dashboard_widgetunless the current user can
- Minor updates so it works better in WP 3.5.
- Changed default value of “Only show my edits” to unchecked.
- Style update on configure panel.
- Updated no content message for new sites without any new content.
- Updated no content message for when you have imported data, but haven’t made any edits yet.
- Rewrote configuration options – new options, saved per user.
- Updated CSS – added post status background images.
- Initial build of plugin. Nothing fancy.